Stronger Things 2021:
Communities vs Crisis
Where do we go from here?
Are you driven by the idea of a fairer society? Sustainable public services? Communities that are making a difference?
Join us for a different kind of event, featuring the movers and shapers in local government, public services and communities.
Stronger Things 2021: Communities vs Crisis, will be completely free and totally virtual. It will take place over three mornings (9, 10, 11 March).
Topics will include: reimagining the NHS and public health; cutting-edge community power in action, why public service collaboration is the future, and how councils and communities rise up to cope with crises.
Full line-up and agenda to follow!
- Prof Sir Michael Marmot – Professor of epidemiology at University College London. Sir Michael led research groups on health inequalities and is engaged in several international research efforts on the social determinants of health. He was knighted for services to epidemiology and the understanding of health inequalities.
- Donna Hall, CBE – Chair of New Local and Bolton NHS Trust, former Chief Executive of Wigan Council.
- Ruth Ibegbuna – Director of The Roots Programme and the founding CEO of ‘RECLAIM’, an award-winning social action and youth leadership programme with a focus on working class young people being seen, being heard and leading change.
- Danny Kruger MBE – Conservative MP for Devizes and author of Levelling up our communities: proposals for a new social covenant
- Ted Howard – US co-founder and President of The Democracy Collaborative, and a founding thinker behind Community Wealth Building
- Danny Dorling – Halford Mackinder professor of human geography at Oxford University. Dorling is the author of All That Is Solid, Injustice: Why Social Inequality Still Persists and A Better Politics.
- Vidyha Alakeson – Chief Executive of Power to Change, an independent trust established in 2015 to support and grow community-led businesses across England.
- Dr Mark Spencer – GP behind ‘Healthier Fleetwood’ – a unique community health-building initiative in Lancashire.
Stronger Things 2020
Back at the start of last year, we were able to meet face-to-face in London’s Guildhall for a brilliant Stronger Things 2020.
Here’s how it went!
Meet our partners
Our partners’ support make this event free to attend.