How Can Community Power Create a Brighter Social Care Future?
National debates about social care are dominated by funding. But we can’t stop there.
Today, paternalistic or transactional mindsets still dominate how we think about social care. It’s essential that any new national settlement puts the people who draw on social care at the centre.
New Local and #SocialCareFuture hosted this discussion on how to give real power to the people who draw on social care and their communities.
- Facilitator: Professor Donna Hall CBE, Chair of Bolton NHS Foundation Trust & Chair of New Local
- Anna Severwright, #SocialCareFuture
- Liz Kendall MP, Shadow Minister for Social Care
- Vidhya Alakeson, Chief Executive, Power to Change
- Stephen Chandler, President of ADASS (Association of Directors of Adult Social Services)
Join our mailing list